Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rant


I'm missing church yet again. I've got stomach problems again. This is the fourth day in a row and I haven't been all that well for several days before that. I'll be seeing my doctor on the twenty second.

I'm also emotionally up and down ... and mostly down.
I have the feeling that my perspective on the world has been flawed all my life. I seem to have delusions about my place in the work world ... it occurs to me that maybe the world doesn't owe me a living (Mother was right!).

I'm feeling somewhat disgusted with the field of education - whatever joy I've been getting out of it isn't what it's about.

I tried to watch a local tv show put on by our Board of Ed yesterday. I wish I could repeat the babble I heard to illustrate my disgust, but my brain just can't hold all that jargon. (I don't think the word "paradigm" was used. I'd have remembered that.) Here's a quote that has taken me a few minutes to dredge up:
"It's not a program, it's an initiative."
My non-professional response is: "WTF???"
And then the person ended her speech with the words "It's really just common sense." Which made me decide to turn off the TV in search of common sense.

No comments: