Friday, February 29, 2008

What if...

I muddle along with my lack of standing on many spiritual issues. I happen to think that homosexual sex is sinful behavior, but I don't think that people who practice this sin are any more sinful than people who indulge in gluttony, materialism, heterosexual sex outside of marriage, or pride. So I enjoy the company of homosexual friends and relatives and hope they enjoy my company.

I also have friends who have had abortions.
But I would not participate in helping a friend have an abortion.

So what if my cousin invites me to a wedding? Or my ex-husband? I want to celebrate my friends' joys but not behaviors I count as sin.

As is often the case, I can't find a "policy". I need to rely on prayer for guidance, once again, as always, ....

1 comment:

Annette said...

I like it that you talk about the issues that others would avoid. I too enjoy and have a great love for people regardless of their sin or their certain lifestyle. But, this does not mean that I approve, but I will show great love and compassion and friendship to them.