Saturday, January 21, 2012

Journal

Dear Lord. I remember you this morning. I look to you this morning. I center myself on you this day. My grateful heart goes to you this morning.
You bring me out of the petty worries scattered around the floor of my living space.
You feed me with your blessings.

What to wear? How to move? What to bring?
Let go and let God take care of these things. Just begin.

Dear Lord, I'm grateful. I'm up early on a holiday I hope to get a lot done with the help of Danielle. She is a blessing! Thank you for the gift of abstinence from overeating and the gift of others who are an encouragement and an example.

The day begins with gratitude and promise. Last night's fear of death is put aside.

Dear Lord, I groan with the pain of being human and being alive for so long. I am old yet I fear death. My doubts obstruct my hopes. I trust too much in my consciousness. How can I be afraid to lose myself in you?

I'm grateful that I work with adolescents.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Dear Lord, I want to let you work in me.  The will and the power for my transformation comes from you.  Change me dear Lord.

. . . I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Dear Friend, you came and found me.  I wasn't looking for you.  You used every trick in the book to capture me. Why me, Lord? I am so poorly equipped to hold a place in your kingdom. You hold my hand and I hold yours.

No comments: