Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the road again


It was my first day back at work (although I had been to the school for a few short visits). The kids who are special to me greeted me, each in their own special way. Staff was a blurr. Each going about their constant business and giving a happy greeting and then moving on. My mending joints did remarkably well, but my back was in agony by the end of the day of sitting. (Note to self: call the chiropractor soon!)(note: Do it NOW!)(OK I did it and have an appointment for Saturday at 10)
Now I'm lying on my futon enjoying my second kosher dill pickle. Hits the spot.
My main thought is on planning to get up early enough to get out of the house on time to get to school in time to get my wheel chair moving down the hall to clock in.
I'm pretty pleased that I got the schedule made for picture day in record time. Assuming I did it on the right letter day, much of the work was done by me last fall when I made a spread sheet system to record conflicts in teacher's planning time, and avoiding times that come after PE. Unfortunately nobody else could have used my spreadsheet, so they waited for me to return to get the job done. Well it's nice to feel appreciated. And I mean that.
I'm reading a little of 40 days of Living the Jesus Creed every night and feel as if it's keeping my compass in line.

3 comments:

Martin Hutchison said...

YEAH... I was praying that it would go well for you and sounds like it was a GREAT DAY!

Annette said...

Glad you are back at school!
I love the music on your blog!

cathy b. said...

I have felt blessed as I return to work. I'm so grateful for all the friends who are praying on my behalf. And I'm tickled that someone shares my taste in "bug cartoon" music.