Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pain And Suffering

It's been 3 3/4 months since the car accident and although I have been progressing, I'm still experiencing sharp pain, swelling, and fatigue. I love being back at work and working with kids, but that's all I have energy for. I drag myself up in the morning and I collapse when I get home. I haven't had physical therapy for two weeks ... not enough steam to get in and out of the car after work. I have an appointment to start next Wednesday. Actually I stopped by today by mistake, but I was relieved when they turned me away.
I had a splinter in my heel (the "good" foot) for more than two weeks. My doctor had a hard time finding it to pull it out. But she found it and also gave me encouragement and told me I was wise not to go back to teaching night school right now. Though money is so bad, I wake up in dread each morning.
I was much more chipper several weeks ago. But maybe that was oxycontin. Now the road to recovery is getting old.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I am sorry that this accident happened, please know I am thinking of you and wish you a continual and progressively better recovery.

Ian said...

So sorry to hear that you're still in pain. Thanks for all your editorial comments.